Earlier today in Minsk, Belarus presidents of Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine concluded talks on peace agreement in Donetsk and Lugansk. Presidents of Donetsk and Lugansk republics later signed Minsk agreement.
Main points of the Minsk document:
1. Stop all fighting by midnight on February 15th.
2. Ukrainian army pulls heavy artillery from the current line of fighting. Donetsk and Lugansk army pulls heavy artillery from the line of fighting that was current in September, 2014.
3. Political stability is only possible with direct interaction of Ukraine government with Donetsk and Lugansk governments.
4. Ukraine must hold reforms which will include legitimate interests of people of Donetsk and Lugansk, not nationalist narrative that has been prevalent in the past year.
5. RF thinks that Ukrainian soldiers in Debaltsevo must put down their weapons. Ukraine disagrees.
6. Leaders of Donetsk and Lugansk signed the Minsk document. France, Russia and Germany are the guarantors of the agreement.
7. By the end of 2015 Ukraine must ratify special sovereign status of Donetsk and Lugansk. (that includes trans border cooperation with Russia, self-determination in what language they speak and amnesty for self-defense fighters).
8. All foreign mercenaries must leave the Ukraine under the supervision of OSCE.
9. By February 19th all POWs must be handed over on both sides.
10. Ukraine might get control of Donetsk-Russian border after reforms, local elections and Donetsk’s special status have been enforced.
11. According to German foreign ministry Germany, Russia and France did not sign the document, they agreed with it verbally.
12. Donetsk will seek compensation from Ukraine for the destroyed infrastructure.
13. Ukraine must pay pensions to elders of Donetsk and Lugansk who pitched in to Ukrainian pension fund for many decades.